Printmaker is a template-based PDF toolkit. You can use Printmaker to easily create, concatenate, and output PDF files from your Craft CMS templates.
For example, you can output a PDF from any template in just one line of code, like this:
Five output modes:
- output direction to the browser
- download the file
- cache the file and output its URL
- email the file as an attachment
Handles most CSS 2.1 (and a few CSS3) properties, including floats,
Supports most presentational HTML 4.0 attributes
Supports external stylesheets, either local or through http/ftp (via fopen-wrappers)
Supports complex tables, including row & column spans, separate & collapsed border models, individual cell styling image support (GIF, PNG, BMP & JPEG)
Printmaker uses the DOMPDF library to generate PDF files. This library carries some known limitations, which you should be aware of before beginning your project:
- The parser is not particularly tolerant to poorly-formed HTML input. (Using Tidy first may help.)
- Large files or large tables can take a while to render.
- While CSS floats are supported, complex floats may run into layout glitches every once in a blue moon.
Printmaker is available from these popular Craft plugin marketplaces: